Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chapter #2 part 2

I sighed and got up carefully this time. I looked at the area of my closet. The only down side to having almost all black clothes is that they all look the same bunched together.

I picked up a pair of black skinny jeans and a black sweater. I threw them on and painted my eyes. I took a look in the mirror and for he first time thought, maybe i needed a bit of color to my attire. I panicked a little. Color, where would i find color? I looked around my room. Until something purple caught my eye. A belt, it would have to work.

I walked carefully downstairs. I didn't know what to expect. The closer i got to the last steps the harder my heart seemed to beat. It was a strange emotion, not quite fear or excitment, something in between. I waited a few seconds until i stepped of the last step. I turned the corner into the living room.

There he was. Darren, a coffin closer, sitting on my couch. No matter how pissed off i was at the thought of having one in my house, I couldn't dismiss how he looked.

He had his hands clasped together, elbow's on his knees and his head down. He looked tired, troubled, defeated...... scared. He looked up and saw me. His eyes grew wide and he stood up quickly.

This scared me a little and i stepped back a little. He looked like he was on the verge of saying something. He looked away.

"Can i help you with something?" I asked.

"I'm sorry!" he yelled and ran out the door. I was a bit startled by his running away and went after him.

"hey wait!" i yelled as the front door came into view. He ran past Val standing in the door. Wait Val?

"I've never seen you this active before lunch Layla" Said Val.

"Hey Val." I said trying to look past her.

"Don't bother layla, he does track."

"What? How do you know that?" I asked.

"Did a little research on him and the others from last night." she said not looking as confident as I'd expected her to be.

"What did you find.... Wait if your here who's watching Ai, Malice and Stella?!"

"Dolores and the twins." she said.

"First I'm hearing of this..." i said

"Oh ya your mom took Luna and Lunette to the hospital with her." Called my dad from the other room.

"Never mind then, can you at least tell me who hit me last night?" I asked.

"Annabel Lee did, Marionette beat the shit of of Stella, Briar beat up Malice and Freya cornered me and knocked out Ai." She finished. Last night had not been pretty. "Layla, they are Coffin Closers, things aren't looking very good for us."

Things looked so grim for us, what could we do?

"Lets go see Ai, Stel and Mavi." I said feeling even worse then before. Val nodded and started down the walk way. It might have been cold, Val was wearing a black army styled jacket and thick leggings under her skirt. But Val never felt the cold like others. Then again I was half asleep, i hardly felt the wind blowing. That was until hair flew and slapped me in the face.

"Stupid wind! I've been abused enough for a month now!" I yelled up into the sky. Val looked at me and burst out laughing. I laughed a little bit too. It was a nice change to the stressful situation we were now in.

No comments:

Post a Comment